Would My Company Benefit From Digital Marketing?
Is pursuing digital marketing the right decision for your business? If you are not already practicing digital marketing, then you are falling behind to your competition and losing out on potential customers. In this modern day, digital marketing is more important than ever – if you don’t start now, your business is not going to prosper.
First, what is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is the use of digital outlets such as websites, emails, blogs, apps, social media, and beyond. It is geared towards devices that can connect to the internet like computers, smartphones, laptops, etc. This is different than traditional marketing, which focuses on advertising avenues like TV, radio, print (magazines, newspaper, etc.), film, outdoor (billboards, bus benches, and other large signage outdoors), and so much more.
How will digital marketing benefit my company?
There is no shortage of ways that digital marketing will help you and your company. Some of the most important ways will include:
- Boosting your brand recognition & credibility: Brand recognition is important because it could mean the difference between a user choosing your product versus the competition’s product. Having a website and social media channels that provide interesting, relevant information that your customers want to know about, will help build brand recognition and credibility. Remember, this is not something that just happens overnight; it must be worked at through consistent digital marketing efforts and a commitment to a, “consumer comes first” attitude.
- Generating new leads: Digital marketing increases your reach and therefore generates new leads and engages potential customers. It gives you new platforms to reach an abundant amount of people, to help secure those new customers.
- Increase customer loyalty: It can be expensive to attract and convert new customers, so it is important that you obtain both their and current client’s loyalty. Sometimes it is as simple as encouraging them to follow you on social media, this way, you have access to them. For example, if you share useful and relevant content that leaves them happy or inspired, you may be the first to pop up in their head when they need a product or service that you offer.
- Save money & receive better conversions: Digital marketing can save you a huge amount of money. Unlike traditional marketing avenues, like radio or TV, digital marketing is much more affordable and allows you to see results as soon as they start coming in. With that said, you can improve your conversion rate easier than with traditional forms of marketing, because every interaction is tracked and recorded.
What are the types of digital marketing?
There are so many different types of digital marketing. Some important ones to be aware of include:
Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is the process of developing your website to improve its visibility in search engine results, when people seek out a product or service related to your business. It aims to improve the quality and quantity of visits to your website.
Social Media Marketing:
A way to promote your company on social media to increase brand awareness and loyalty. It is also a great place to get leads, direct sales, and drive traffic to your website. For more ways to boost your businesses social media presence, check out 8 Ways to Get More Followers (For My Business) on Social Media in 2022.
PPC stands for Pay-Per-Click advertising. It is essentially paid for advertising, where you only pay when someone “clicks” on your ad. PPC ads reach multiple people through various platforms such as Google and other search engines, social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook (now known as Meta), Linked In, Snapchat, and other platforms like Amazon.
Email Marketing is a popular strategy that many companies utilize. Typically, there are four different types of emails used in marketing. Email Campaigns are where you promote your products and provide coupons or other offers. There are email newsletter’s which are usually sent out about once per month, giving subscribers information on new products, blog posts, or upcoming events. Automated marketing emails are sent out automatically for occasions like welcoming a new member or for a subscriber’s birthday. There are also automated transactional emails which include things like order confirmations, appointment reminders, or shipping/tracking information.
Conversion rate optimization or CRO is very important but can be tricky to get a handle on. CRO is essentially building or re-building your website with an awareness of the way consumers are interacting with it. For this, you need to look at the process of how users are going through your site, which pages or actions they are using, and what guides (or does not guide) them to your goals (this could be sales, calls, sign ups, etc.). Various tracking tools and analytics can provide data, and help guide you to decisions that make your website more user friendly for your visitors.
Digital marketing doesn’t just end here, there are still numerous different ways to market your business online.
How do you know if you need help with your digital marketing efforts?
Hiring a reputable digital marketing agency, like Xciting Media, can take a huge weight off your chest. From the outside looking in, it may not seem like there is that much to do when it comes to digital marketing, but that is far from the truth. If any of the below apply to you, it may be time to reach out to a digital marketing company.
- You are unable to maximize your return on investment (ROI) on your campaigns
- Your website isn’t generating traffic
- Your social media accounts are stale or failing
- You do not have digital marketing strategy or content strategy
- You are getting little to know results from paid advertising
In 2022 it is more essential than ever to have a strong digital marketing strategy in place. It can be the difference between your business thriving, and your business being left in the dust. Remember, if you are struggling, a reputable digital marketing agency like Xciting Media is ready to help you achieve your goals and will be your best place to turn.